|Title:||Utterly devoted to...Who?|
|Reference:||Ezekiel 36: 22-38|
Bible Study for Wednesday 21st September.
(1) To what extent would you say that God is at the centre of your thoughts? In a typical day, do you think of Him occasionally? Frequently? Constantly?
(2) Who of what has dominated your thoughts over the past day? Why is that?
(3) What role does each of the following play in your life? What, if anything, have you done recently that was motivated by one or more of these? The fear of God. The love of God. The desire for God.
(4) How can you cultivate a healthy fear of God?
(5) How can you deepen your awareness of God’s love for you?
(6) Why should desire for God naturally well up in you?
(7) Ponder these passages: Isaiah 6: 1-7 (the fear of God); Romans 8: 31-39 (the love of God); Psalm 63: 1-3 (the desire for God). Let the passage ask you questions, and ask God questions about the passage. Stop at things that strike you as significant. What is God saying to your mind, emotions and will? What is He inviting you to do?
Kenmuir Mount Vernon Church, London Road, Glasgow. Scottish Charity No. SC008980